Proposition 47 has sparked a movement and an important conversation about the future of safety and justice policy in California. Read the report to learn how California is changing and where the state needs to go next to advance smart justice and community health.
Here are a few of the impacts of Proposition 47 so far:
- 280,001 petitions for resentencing or record change filed so far
- 15,000 fewer incarcerated in California prisons and jails
- $68 million in state savings in year one
- Over 75 community and labor groups engaged in Proposition 47 implementation
- More than 150 community events held in the last two years about Proposition 47 and reclassifying prior criminal records